Right, let’s get a few things straight. I will want you to remind me of these if I mention another holiday.
So pay close attention:
1. Irish-type weather suits me, even though I love sunshine…. it’s not my friend.
2. My delicate constitution is allergic to insect bites…… always bring bug spray….. and use it.
3. One museum a day is quite enough.
(Walk along the river Spree)
4. A rest in the afternoon is essential if I wish to go out “clubbing” (my word for going outside after dark).
5. Early morning starts help no one, all alarms should be set for a time after 10am.
6. Stick with the packing policy of just enough clothes, it’s working…… but maybe some more shampoo would be good.
7. Factor in some all alone time…. no comment.
8. Go for longer.
(Pink flamingos in the zoo)
Ok that’s it, my recipe for a happy holiday. I did have a great time, loved Berlin and the museums (I think we did five?) and the jazz clubs and the symphony orchestra and the zoo and the palace at Charlottenburg and the market and Unter den Linden and the cafes and the people and the history and the street theatre and loved, loved, loved the Segway! Possibly did a bit too much in five days though?
And so to sleep, Mairead.